Monday 16 May 2011

Tribal

Hi! It has been a llllloooooonnnnnnggggg time!! I do apologise... the week was crazy! And you will soon find out why as I will introduce a new backdrop to the pictures... The DIY in the lounge is nearly finished!!!
A couple of years ago when I was living in New York, I had a sequin epiphany and all I wanted was to buy sequins! Being lucky enough to live in the garment district, I rushed over to M&J Trimmings and bought bags and bags of the stuff... However, it took me a while to really figure out how to embroidered interesting patterns but as you can see here and here, I finally got the hang of it! 
This top used to be a standard (men) grey t-shirt, I beaded a tribal inspired pattern and gave it a feminine shape... I just think it is the perfect simple summer top!
As you might have noticed I am a bit of a clothes hoarder (although I tend have a wardrobe clear-out twice a year to give to charity) and when I find a pair of jeans that I love I keep it for years regardless of style and size... I was so happy the other day when I took these Citizens of Humanity jeans out because A - they still fit! and B - flares are coming back!!
Have a fabulous week!




When Charlotte met Maia Top
Zara Jacket
Citizens of Humanity Jeans
H&M Shoes
Vintage Bracelets

No comments:

Post a Comment