Sunday 5 June 2011

This weekend's finds....

This weekend I finally decided to get my act together and donate to Oxfam... I had prepared a bag of clothes but never got around to actually going to the shop! Outrageous, I know!
Yesterday seemed like the ideal time because we had to go shopping for my cousin's wedding. Alex (the boyfriend who's wardrobe I sometimes raid...) needed to hire a morning suit and I needed to get a dress, a hat and shoes. 
Wedding wise the day was not super successful for me, I really struggled to find a dress I love! However, Oxfam did not disappoint... I found the purple dress and the suit jacket.... I love love love them and I can't wait to get started... stay tuned!

The cobalt dress comes from the vintage shop Beyond Retro in Soho (check it out here). The shop is pretty amazing, it is packed full of awesome clothes and accessories (and old school Playboy magazines...) that are mostly sourced from charity shops which is always a bonus!
After such a disappointing day I think I am going to use that dress (I mean the colour is awesome!) and transform it to create my dress for the wedding... we'll see how it goes...


No comments:

Post a Comment